Cristo Rey Miami High School is scheduled to welcome freshman students to campus the summer of 2020.
Classes for sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be added one year at a time towards a full capacity of
500 students by fall of 2023.
CRISTO REY MIAMI OVERVIEW
- The Cristo Rey Miami (CRM) Feasibility Study Committee was formed in summer of 2017.
- The Feasibility Study Committee secured approval from the Cristo Rey Network to open the school by accomplishing the following:
- Secured 35 letters of intent from Corporate Partners for student jobs
- Raised $2.5 million in private philanthropy plus capital and operating expenses
- Surveyed the community – 300 potential students (Current 6th)
- CRM will be a private, independent Catholic high school to be accredited by the Catholic Conference.
- CRM will follow a proven, revolutionary model of a college-preparatory high school curriculum accessible to those from the most economically challenged families in Miami.
- Anticipated opening: Fall 2020
- 120 ninth-grade students projected for the inaugural class with a full capacity of 500 students anticipated by Fall 2023.
- One class will be added each of the next four years.
- Youth living in poverty with an eagerness for academic success and an ability to work.
- Student population to reflect the neighborhood.
- Applications will be accepted beginning Fall of 2019.
- Bilingual assistance will be available for families throughout the admissions process.
- Families contribute to the cost of education based on financial ability
- Total cost per student estimated at $14,000 per year
- Corporate Work Study Program aims to cover 60% of the cost of education with parents paying less than 10% and the balance funded by private donations.
- Corporate Work Study Program
- A key component of the fiscal sustainability of the Cristo Rey model.
- Students work in a corporate environment one day per week to earn a majority of their tuition and gain valuable experience for life after college
- Students will attend VIVA! Summer Institute, a 3-week job training/school prep program.
- Endorsed by Cristo Rey Institute.
- Religious education is included in the curriculum, with students of ALL faiths welcome.