Academic probation is meant to provide an opportunity for the student to improve their academic performance. The student’s academic progress will be monitored by the student’s counselor for the probationary period. The probationary period will last until the next quarter grades are posted.
A student will be placed on Academic Probation if:
- GPA is less than 2.0 at quarter or semester grading mark
- If the student earns two or more grades of “D+, D, or D-“ regardless of GPA
- one or more grades of “F” regardless of GPA
Students will be provided with the following supports during their probationary period:
- Two one-hour tutoring sessions per week;
- Weekly office hours for all teachers;
- Weekly meeting with school counselor.
Students on Academic Probation for two or more semesters may be dismissed from Cristo Rey Miami High School.