Cristo Rey Miami will welcome freshman and sophomore students to campus the Summer of 2021.
CRISTO REY MIAMI OVERVIEW
- The Cristo Rey Miami (CRM) Feasibility Study Committee was formed in the summer of 2017.
- The Feasibility Study Committee secured approval from the Cristo Rey Network to open the school by accomplishing the following:
- Secured 35 letters of intent from Corporate Partners for student jobs
- Raised $2.5 million in private philanthropy plus capital and operating expenses
- Surveyed the community – 300 potential students
- CRM will be a private, independent Catholic high school to be accredited by Cognia, formerly known as Advanced Ed.
- CRM will follow a proven, revolutionary model of a college-preparatory high school curriculum accessible to those from the most economically challenged families in Miami.
- Anticipated opening: Summer 2021
- 100 ninth-grade and 60 tenth-grade students
- Anticipated growth to 400 students by 2024
- Applications are currently being accepted
- Bilingual assistance will be available for families throughout the admissions process.
- Families contribute to the cost of education based on financial ability
- 50% of tuition is earned by each student through the Corporate Work-Study Program
- 30-40% of tuition is covered through one of the Florida Tax Credit Scholarships
- Family contribution on average will be between $500-$750 per year.
- Corporate Work Study Program
- Students work in a corporate environment one day per week to earn a majority of their tuition and gain valuable experience for life after college.
- Students are transported to and from their work sites.
- Students must attend a 5-week Summer Success Institute, a job training/school prep program.
- Endorsed by Cristo Rey Institute.
- Theology education is included in the curriculum, with students of ALL faiths welcome.